Our family lawyers know how challenging it may be to live through a separation, divorce or a common law dispute. Our family lawyers have, through the years, been assisting husband’s, wife’s, common law partners, grandparents and/or any other party obtain justice in the family Courts in the Province of Quebec.
A successful family lawyer has the ability to not only grasp the legal implications of a family dispute but at the same time has the emotional understanding and connection with his or her client to ensure a full comprehension of the case at hand. Our family lawyers will listen to your needs, will considering various options to achieve your goals and will devise and implement a legal strategy to put all the chances on your side.
It takes special skills for a family lawyer to be able to practice in the area of family law as there is an extensive human and emotional side associated to this area of practice. Our family lawyers are eager to take up the challenge you may chose to give them as the area of family law is our passion.
Our family lawyers strive to provide the best possible legal service to our clients in an understandably difficult family situation. Whether you are seeking a divorce, separation, custody of minor children, access rights, travel authorizations, child support, alimony, or other, we will offer you our 100% every step of the way.
More and more couples chose to live with one another as common law partners rather than to officially get married. Today, the society does not allocate as much importance to the institution of marriage as it was forty, fifty years ago.
Although people may not get married they still form couples and live as common law partners, pool their resources, have children and work towards the best interest of their couple. When the couple breaks up, they will face similar legal difficulties as married couple with the difference that they will not be subjected to the Divorce Act.
Our family lawyers are well versed in the legal intricacies faced by common law partners when they are faced with a separation. Take advantage of our knowledge, skills and expertise of our family lawyers. Our Family Lawyers are devoted to your cause and will strive to find the legal solutions to suit your needs. We want to help you, we are ready!
Our family lawyers can assist you in any of the following areas of the family law, namely:
- Divorce applications: for those who wish to terminate their marriage with their spouse;
- Separation as to bed and board applications: should you wish to partition your assets with your spouse, have no obligation to cohabitate with your spouse but maintain the legal marital link;
- Nullity of marriage applications: if you feel that your consent to marry was vitiated due to a misrepresentation made by your spouse at the moment of the marriage;
- Joint divorce applications: if you and your spouse have reached an agreement among yourselves as to the consequences of your divorce and wish to file one divorce application together;
- Partition of family patrimony: the partition of the assets under the family patrimony is mandatory by law regardless of who may be the title holder or property owner;
- Partition of matrimonial regime: different types of matrimonial regimes may be applicable to the parties whereby the default regime is that of the Partnership of Acquests, generally, the assets accumulated during marriage by the spouses will be shared equally with the exceptions provided by law;
- Amicable agreements and settlements out of Court: for those who may have filed separate legal proceedings but wish to reach a final agreement and avoid the uncertainties of a trial before a judge;
- Compensatory Allowances claims: for those who seek compensation for any contributions made to the family or a family business and for which they are not getting a fair partition;
Our family lawyers offer the following services relating to child support and custody, namely:
- Full custody: for a parent who intends on asking the full custody of the child as he or she believes that it would be in the best interest of the minor child;
- Access rights: for a parent who wishes to establish access rights to see his or her minor child when prevented by the other parent;
- Travel authorizations: for all parents who intend on leaving the country and wish to have a signed document by the other party authorizing the travel or the other parent wishes to travel and you oppose such a decision;
- Visitation rights for grand-parents: for grand-parents who intend on legally asking for visitation rights to their grand-children;
- Recognition of filiation: this is for a person who wishes to establish his or her filiation with a minor child or to contest his or her filiation, DNA testing will be considered in this action;
- Child support: for those who wish to legally establish the child support and receive it on a monthly basis;
- Child support for dependent adults: if you have a child who has become an adult but is still dependant, in school on a full-time basis for instance, and you wish to seek child support;
- Special expenses: parents may claim special expenses for their children, such as for their health, education or sport activities, namely, dental expenses, orthodontics, eye glasses, tuition, books, tutoring, sport activities or other.
1010 de la Gauchetière West, Suite 1315
Montréal (Québec) H3B 2N2
Toll free: 1-877-9AVOCAT
Toll free fax: 1-855-698-8872